Monday, March 31, 2008

Texas


Ok I know y'all already know we're movin' to Texas. I have been wantin' to blog about it for so long but every time I ask my mom she like no i'ma do it and then she never does. So today I told her I was gonna because she had her chance for like 2 months. But anyway, my dad accepted a job as the President of Argosy University in Dallas, Texas. Argosy is just like a private university that has 18 campuses in the country. They are a small private university that wants to grow and add business programs. And my dad is "business savvy"!

Anyway, I am excited, sad, worried, scared, and happy. My dad left today and (if we sell our house) we'll go the first week of June. I hope we'll make friends easily and live in a good, safe neighborhood with nice, fun neighbors.

We aint going to live exactly in Dallas. We are most likely going to live in Frisco which is 20 min north of Dallas.
(If you can't tell, I was trying to talk like a Texan...hehe)

8 comments:

Tori said...

Sounds like it would be a fun adventure to go somewhere and be the "new girl"! Texas will be fun, but I know your family will be missed!

amberjill said...

wow, you totally sound texan! Now, all you need is a cowboy hat and wranglers. I can't wait!! Maybe you'll get a horse for your birthday! Maybe you'll find your Edward, being the new girl and all! OK, i'm too sucked into this twilight crap! ugh! We all know you'll make lots of friends and you'll be the cool girl on campus!

The Peterson 5 said...

You are a cutie McKall! How fun will that be in a few months to hear your family with Texan accents! I'm sure you guys are going to love it there, even though we are going to miss ya!

Julie said...

I think you need to work on your Texan accent. I am happy, excited and sad too. I will miss you so much. At least we have blogging to keep us all connected. Tell your mom she sucks at it though. I love her blogs, but she always erases the one before and she only blogs like once a month. Thats not gonna cut it. I am so excited for you. YOu will make friends quickly cuz everyone loves McKall. I know I do!

Mandy said...

I'm glad you finally updated this thing! I was a little worried about your grammer...but I guess if you want to fit in in Texas you better start working on slang! :) I still can't believe you guys are moving...I'm in denial. I know it will be great and you will love it more than you think.....and if you don't you can always come and live with me! :)

Mandy said...

Speaking of grammer....don't worry about the lack of punctuation in that last comment! It's late, and I'm tired! :) Love ya!

jami v. said...

mckall - moving is hard. :) but it's also fun of lots of new adventures. you just have to be brave and not give up trying. sometimes it's hard to be the new one at every activity or function or whatever, but it gets better. :) you'll make friends. i know you'll be missed! i'm going to miss you and i'm not even close any more. xoxoxoxox

ps-lucky for you you were practicing your texas lingo! i was about to get out my red pen and correct your grammar mistakes! :) sorry. it's the teacher in me!! hehe

Unknown said...

McKall... Found your blog and it made me laugh! You are funny! Just a quick note to say that I miss you in class.. I know you are making tons of friends and having a great time, but your old Sunday School teacher misses the only one in the class that would talk to "me"! Good luck with everything and give your family a hug from the Johns family! Dan