Friday, July 4, 2008

Girls Camp

On monday we went to Cinnamon Creek for girls camp. We went as a whole stake. It was soooo fun but so dang hott!! My camera is broken so unfortunately I have no pictures. The first day, we put up tents and got situated. That night we had costa vida for dinner!! It was awesome, but seriously, its girls camp, not girls night out. Anyway, that night Jill Stevens (miss Utah) came and talked to us. She is an amazing woman and probably my new role model. Anyway, the next day we woke up and went on a 5 mile hike up to Rosy's Coal Mine. When we got back we ate lunch and did a stake craft thing. We got magnet boards and decorated it with cute scrapbook paper then we made really cute magnets to put on it. They also had a sticker saying our them for that year. The next day was just a hang out day ( I think they should have planned like a water fight thing but no, they didn't.) They had stake games and we did some relay races then we had to do riddles and then we did like a scipture scavenger hunt ( we had to look up verses in the B.O.M and it gave us an item to find and we had to go find it). That night was also testimony meeting. That was probably my favorite part of camp. It was so neat to hear everyone's testimony. The next day we packed up and all of the men in our ward came up and took our tents down. I had an awesome time at camp! It was a blast!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love to hear you talk about girls camp so fondly. I loved girls camp...and yes I get to go again in 2 days. I never knew how much work goes into these things. I am the camp director and I am so tired right now. I hope my girls love it like you do. Thanks for being so amazing McKall.

jami v. said...

i'm glad you had such a good time ... and it sounds like although it was hot, the weather was better than my first year at girl's camp at cinn. creek - it rained the ENTIRE time. :) i love gir's camp too ... so glad you got to go (and what's this about costa vida and men putting your tents up and down? i thought this was camp?)

Mandy said...

I think girls camp is one of the best programs in the church! It's so fun! Some of my best memories of my teenage years were of camp. I'm glad you were still here so you could go! We're going to miss you so much when you're off to Texas!!!

Court said...

girls camp was sooo fun wit you! sorry you had a shadow the whole time! batman was awesome!!!! love ya!!